Friday, May 1, 2009

Forgotten Random Stories

Amish and McDonald's: On the western side of New York I saw the first group of Amish folks. When I saw this comical scene it was raining and cold or I would have stopped to take a photo. The fast food joints, such as McDonald's, had hitching posts in the parking lot for the horse and buggies and I even saw some Amish groups dining at these establishments!

The gift of mace: One day I saw a man cycling in the opposite direction and he stopped to chat with me - during the conversation we started discussing the dangers of stray dogs in the country and their instinctive desire to chase moving objects. He pulled out a tube of mace and gifted me this invaluable tool. (Mom, does that make you feel better?)

1 comment:

  1. Hooray mace! I only hope you never need to use it.

    ReplyDelete