Friday, May 15, 2009

Day 35 - Grand Rapids to Bemidji, MN


Mileage of the day: 68
Total mileage to date: 1783
I had a relaxing morning and departed by 9:00am. The sunshine brought me so much joy and and I even had some tails winds! I have so enjoyed riding through the land of 10,000 lakes. The variety of trees and endless lakes have been a real treat. Midway through the day the weather shifted and the clouds started building all around me. By the end of my bike day the winds fought against me. I finished 68 miles and my friend Brenda Seeger (as planned) picked me up to take me the last 10 miles. As soon as we jumped in her SUV the rain started coming down and the temperatures dropped 10 degrees. We drove around Bemidji and took care of some errands. We made it to her daughter's house (Carly - my host for the evening) and enjoyed a fun homemade pizza night with lots of family members. The day and night worked out perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment