Sunday, May 3, 2009

Day 23 - Bradford to Cambridge, IL


Total miles bike today: 37
Total mileage to date: 1064
I woke up in the plush RV my hosts Holly and Ron offered me. I had a sluggish morning with emails and planning my route for the next few weeks. I began my ride at 12:30 and welcomed the change of scenery including rolling hills through the corn and soy bean fields. I had to stop for lunch at the famous furniture store (Good's) with the restaurant and winery in the basement. I arrived to my destination and met one of my hosts, Anthony and cooked up some yummy dinner! (Mom and Dad - don't read this part) We took a motorcycle ride to the next town over for some ice cream. Upon returning from our excursion I met John, my other host and we all enjoyed a lovely evening of chatting and watching a movie.

1 comment:

  1. I am having such fun on my virtual bike tour across America - no sore knees here! Lots of ice cream - a good thing - and not too many windy days. Brook, you are amazing. As for the bigotry/hatred thing - well, it crops up now and then. My hope for America is that it gets smaller and smaller each year. Just remember that for every instance of strange hatred, you have at least 4 episodes of fabulous open accepting behavior. I feel so lucky to have met you and been a tiny part of this epic journey. Keep warm, and don't tuck your head down so much that you miss the scenery!

    ReplyDelete